Me Shop

Friday, April 6, 2012

Making Magic

Q: What are you doing?

A: Making Magic.


That is the answer mommy uses when she is in the "ZONE."  Of course, I know I can't actually create magic, but I can try to create magical moments.

Like This Necklace....


A lot of work was put into this necklace. I know you can't really see the mechanics in this picture but, in a nutshell, the big rings are held together by small rings.  We are talking a long time to complete! Scrapping the project sounded good many times along the way. I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth the amount of time it was taking.  Thankfully, I finished it because it still takes my breath away. 


Here are some of her siblings:

This one is comprised of silver rings and mother of pearl disks.



Here we have a pendant that was donated by my grandmother.  I love re purposing jewels that would otherwise never get a chance to leave someones jewelry box. I sprinkled on a few aged bronze rings, some pink crystals, and wha-la. 



This set doesn't have as many jump rings holding it together so I guess it would be more of a cousin to the others.  Nonetheless, she has inherited the breathtaking qualities of her ancestry. Don't you think? Again, I used mother of pear disks, golden rings, and some champagne crystals.



All of these pieces have been sold but I thought they deserved a small, poorly photographed, spotlight.

:)

If would like to purchase a necklace like one of the pieces shown above feel free to email me and we can collaborate.  It shouldn't cost more than $20 to have one adorning your lovely neck.




No comments:

Post a Comment